Democratic socialism has taken off like wildfire among the far-left, putting Democrats like Kyrsten Sinema in a tough place. Sinema has spent years trying in vain to run away from her support for socialism, but with Democrats flocking in droves to the radical ideology, it only puts new attention on Sinema’s extremist record.
Case in point: The Democrats’ new socialist darling, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, recently circulated a one-pager of her pie-in-the-sky platform of “free” health care, “an economy of peace,” and open borders. But a closer looks shows that Ocasio-Cortez’s platform is nearly identical to Kyrsten Sinema’s.
Just take a look…
- Medicare For All. Sinema co-sponsored legislation to create a single-payer, “Medicare for all” type health care plan in Arizona.
- A “Living” Wage. Sinema backed numerous pieces of legislation to raise the minimum wage and supported progressives’ #RaiseTheWage initiative.
- “An Economy of Peace.” Sinema sponsored fairy-tale legislation to create a federal “Department of Peace and Nonviolence” to resolve conflicts, frequently led anti-military protests (once even while wearing a pink tutu), and lobbied to shut down Luke Air Force Base.
- “Immigration Justice.” Sinema fully backs the Ocasio-Cortez, Sanders open-borders agenda and has repeatedly voted to protect sanctuary cities, voted against completing the wall, and voted to deny additional border security at ports of entry where 90% of illegal narcotics enter our country.
- “Green Industry.” Sinema fully backed and voted for President Obama’s draconian EPA mandates which would have sent Arizona power bills skyrocketing.
- Support For Socialism. Sinema once described herself as a believer in socialism as long as she can keep her “fabulous accessories,” and published opinion pieces in the Arizona Republic calling for the end of capitalism.
Kyrsten Sinema can try all she wants to run away from her radical past, but the Democratic Party’s leftward lurch and full embrace of socialism only reminds voters Sinema is too extreme to be elected Senator in ruby red Arizona.