Washington, D.C. – The $1.9 trillion COVID relief bill has less to do with COVID and more to do with Democrats’ pet projects – yet no one seems to mention it. In fact, less than 10% of the bill goes toward actual COVID relief and less than 1% toward vaccines.
Today, Senator Collins proposed a targeted COVID relief bill to replace the Democrats’ $2 trillion behemoth so that hardworking taxpayers’ dollars would go towards actual relief for Americans, rather than this salad bowl of liberal pet projects:
- Stimulus checks for illegal immigrants
- Money for schools refusing to reopen
- $50 million for “Environmental justice grants”
- $1 billion for “racial justice” provisions for farmers
- $1.7 billion for Amtrak
- $175 million for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- $135 million for the National Endowment for the Arts
- $350 billion to bail out blue states
But Senate Democrats refused to target their big-spending bill to people suffering because of the COVID pandemic.
Statement from NRSC Spokeswoman Lizzie Litzow:“The fact that less than 10% of this ‘COVID relief’ bill goes towards actual COVID relief for American families is ABSURD. But Senate Democrats like Maggie Hassan, Catherine Cortez Masto, Michael Bennet, Mark Kelly and Raphael Warnock believe it’s more important to fulfill their liberal wish list than provide much needed relief to American families in their states. They’re happily driving our country further into debt so they can use taxpayer money to pay back the liberal special interest groups that fund their campaigns.”